You may contact IMI Data Search, Inc. and request a Disclosure and/or a copy of the Consumer Report/Investigative Consumer Report (Background Screening Report) of which you are the subject that we have prepared at the request of one of our clients. This service is provided at no charge to you. Please note that proper identification will be required.
Under state and federal law, consumers have the right to access a copy of their background reports and to dispute the accuracy of any information contained within it.
IMI offers four convenient methods for consumers to contact our Consumer Care Department.
- ONLINE: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 1-800-860-7779
- FAX: 1-800-392-8005
- MAIL: IMI Data Search, Inc., 4333 Park Terrace Dr., Suite 220, Westlake Village CA 91361
Please make sure to include the following in any fax or mail correspondence:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Full Social Security number (for identification purposes)
- Phone number
- Details of the request/dispute and any additional relevant documentation
Upon receipt of a consumer inquiry or dispute, IMI will reinvestigate any disputed information pursuant to the Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA)
Please note that IMI Data Search, Inc. is a consumer reporting agency. We are not involved in any hiring or appointment decisions made by our clients and cannot explain why any adverse action has been taken.
Listed below are some additional resources the US Federal Trade Commission publishes to assist consumers.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Text
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Summary of Rights Under FCRA: English Version
- Remedying the Effects of Identity Theft